I used to have a Wayne Gretzky rookie card. However, when I was 12 years old I did not like Wayne Gretzky, so I traded the card to my brother. A few years ago, I remembered that incident, so I went looking for the card. Sure enough, there is was in a box in my mom’s basement. Now here is the thing: even in bad shape, Gretzky rookie cards sell for around $250. Needless to say, that was not a good trade on my part. I simply did not recognize what I had and so I traded away something valuable for something with almost no value at all. With that in mind, notice how the letter to the Galatians starts: “I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which...
Comments